Last updated: August 2015
www.forwheniamgone.com is a site operated by For When I Am Gone Ltd ("We", “Us”, “Our”). We are a limited liability company, registered in England and Wales under company number 09262022 and have our registered office at 16 St Margaret’s Grove, Twickenham, England TW1 1GJ. Our VAT number is GB 205 1443 54.
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
3.1 The contract between you and us
To subscribe to our website, you will be guided through a number of steps:
- Entry of your account details, including your name, contact details and date of birth. Membership is only available to individuals over the age of 18 or with parental consent;
- Selection of a username and password;
- Once these details have been successfully entered, you will be sent a confirmation email with an activation link to the email address you provided us;
You will then be asked to select the type of account you wish to set up with us. Our account options are: Who Needs To Know, Funeral Wishes and Your Messages, any combination thereof or Full Package.
- To set up your account, you will have to answer a number of questions in the following categories: Personal Information, Legals, Financials and Home-life.
- You will be asked to input the details for at least two Nominated Individuals who will be able to see the information you enter and will inform us of your passing so that we may deactivate your account (for more information on Nominated Individuals, please see our FAQs).
- If you select a non-paid for account, the contract between you and us will come into force when you complete the registration details.
If you have selected a paid for account:
- if you have a promotional code, you will be able to use this prior to the payment process;
- you will then be taken to the For When I Am Gone Secure Payment Page where you will need to enter your account information and accept these terms and conditions;
- you will receive a message saying your payment is being processed;
- you will receive an on-screen notice confirming receipt of the payment. Payments will be collected in line with the WorldPay terms and conditions; and
the contract between you and us will only be formed when we provide the on-screen notice confirming receipt of the payment.
We determine the price of the subscription and reserve the right to change our prices from time to time. The current prices are notified to you in the subscription process. Subscription fees are inclusive of VAT or equivalent local sales tax.
3.3 Cancellation policy
If you wish to cancel your registration, you should do so by contacting us:
By post to For When I Am Gone, 16 St Margarets Grove, Twickenham TW1 1JG
You will be permitted a full refund if we receive your cancellation within 14 days of initial registration. No refund will be available if you cancel more than 14 days after registration.
De-activation of your membership will automatically occur 90 days after we have been informed by two or more of your Nominated Individuals of your passing.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
[The logo featured on this website are registered trademarks of For When I Am Gone Ltd:
Registered in the UK under number UK00003104328].
You grant us the right to change or edit the materials in your contribution for operational and editorial reasons. Any copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material you contribute in any way including allowing others to use it.
Commentary, information and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
We assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information provided on our site. We do not guarantee that all website content will always be available or be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from bugs, viruses, errors and omissions. Any commentary, opinions or other materials included in our website content are not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. To the extent permitted by law we expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
In the event that you knowingly place viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful on to our site, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
We strongly recommend that you protect your own computer system with appropriate anti-virus software.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.